Friday, June 30, 2006

Touching the void

On my right in the barber's was a soldier just back from Iraq. He chatted to the guy cutting his hair. On my left they were discussing the cricket. I tried so hard to listen to that instead.

Solider: There's this woman in the paper who says the Iraqis hate us. I got really wound up. She's has no idea. It's not some Third World country. It's actually quite sophisticated.
Barber: Yes ...
Soldier: The Americans pumped millions into Iraq in the 50s you see.
Barber: Weren't they supplying weapons into the 80s?
Solider: Yes, the technology. But then Saddam turned against his people.

Anyway, the cricket ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.