Friday, April 20, 2007

Three nods

For Eggers, reality is continuous with whatever you want, mentally, to do to reality. For all of their effusions about the exalted wonderfulness of art, the McSweeneyites, like Eggers, do not transform reality, the way artists do. They juggle with it, the way daydreamers and entertainers do.
Lee Siegel reviews What is the What.
Literary Fiction is genre fiction; literature, art, is writing that deconstructs the very idea of genre.
Mark Thwaite on why he'd like RSB to be seen as anti-Literary Fiction.
These days I don’t need a bucket to throw up in – I need something at least the size of a horse trough.
I had wondered who that was beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.