Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A major distance from the market

Good to see that Kassel's bi-decade-ly art festival, the Documenta, will this year be held at "a major distance from the market" (via Sign & Sight). I don't know what it means but it's good.

I was lucky enough to attend Documenta 10, returning in late August 1997 with the best tee-shirt logo imaginable for Princess Diana's funeral. I'd love to go again. Kassel is a green and pleasant city. Beckett visited for some months in the late Thirties. Peggy Sinclair, his cousin, lived there. I thought for a time that the punting scene referred to in Krapp's Last Tape was about them on the Fulda. They fell in love but she was his cousin. "I said again I thought it was hopeless and no good going on, and she agreed, without opening her eyes." Then she died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Please email me at steve dot mitchelmore at gmail dot com.

Blog Archive

Contact steve dot mitchelmore at gmail.com. Powered by Blogger.